Thursday, August 20, 2009

Double Trouble

Clicking on the image will enlarge to full view.

Supplies
1 tube of choice - I’m using the artwork of KatNKDA which you can purchase here
Font of Choice - I’m using Chicken Basket which I’ll supply here
Becky Mask 22 here
“Say Goodbye to Your Nuts” is a PTU full size scrap kit created by KatNKDA. It can be downloaded from her store NK Art Shop. You can visit Kat’s blog here.
Thank you Kat for another stunning kit!
I fell in love with Francis…lol

This tutorial was written assuming you have a working knowledge of PSP.

VERY IMPORTANT:
This kit includes a tube. You must have a license issued through KatNKDA in order to use it.

~♥~ Let’s get started ~♥~

Open up a transparent 700 X 700 canvas.
Flood Fill white.

First we’re going to make the paper for the mask.
New Rater Layer.
Copy and Paste paper 3 Into Selection.
Deselect.
Copy and paste Element 28 as a new layer and move it up a little.
Copy and paste Element 29 as a new layer.
Resize 40% and move to the bottom left corner.
Duplicate/Mirror
Duplicate and move to the center.
Merge visible your paper, tree, and fence sections.
Apply the mask.
Merge Group.

Copy and paste Element 39 as a new layer.
Resize 25%
Use your Magic Wand and click inside of it and the bigger gaps along the edges.
Selections/Modify/Expand by 2.

New Raster layer below the frame.
Copy and paste a paper of choice Into Selections.
DO NOT DESELECT.

Copy and paste Frances Tube (the squirrel) as a new layer above the paper.
Move into position (see my tag for reference).
Lower the Opacity to about 35 or so.
Selections/Invert
Tap the delete key.
Deselect.

Copy and paste Element 1 as a new layer just above your white canvas.
Resize 50%
Move into position toward the left side of your frame.
Duplicate
Move into position.

Copy and paste the squirrel tube again.
Resize 50%
Duplicate/Resize 50%/Mirror

Add your embellishment.: I used:
Element 2: resize 25%
Element 35: Resize 25% Free rotate left 10 degrees
Element 25: Resize 25% and 40%
Element 4: Resize 25%
Element 5: Resize 25% and 40%

Add your copyrights.

Add your name.

Resize all layers 85%.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
I’d love to see your results and show it off in my Show Arena.
Email me!
Hugs,
Bev
 

1 comment:

  1. Hilly
    I had a blast doing this tut. I absolutely adore this squirrel tube! So glad I bought it!
    Your tut was easy to follow, although you tag at the top, didn't quite look like mine. LOL
    Do they ever???
    Thanks so much! Keep up making these great tuts! I sure hope most don't use scraps you have to buy to follow your theme in the tut.

    ReplyDelete