Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wild Irish Rose


Clicking on the image will allow you to enlarge for bigger view.

Supplies

1 tube of choice and 1 image - I used the artwork of Anna Marine and can be purchased at CDO
Font of Choice - I used Stonehenge here
Weescotlass mask 249 here
“Wild Irish Rose” is a PTU scrap kit created by Kathi of Kissed by Cari and can be purchased from TKO Scraps. You can visit her blog here.
Kathi, thank you so very much for this extremely beautiful kit!

This tutorial was written assuming you have a working knowledge of PSP.

~♥~ Let’s get started ~♥~

Open up a 700 x 700 blank canvas.
Flood fill white.

Copy and paste Frame 1 as a new layer.
Resize 90%
Click inside of it with your Magic Wand.
Selections/Modify/Expand by 6.
Copy and paste your image below the frame.
Move into position
Selections/Invert
Tap the delete key.
Deselect.
***Tip: If you’re using the same image and tube as I did, I pasted my tube in front of the frame first, resized to my liking and moved into the exact position I wanted it. Then I pasted the image below the frame, resized it the same amount as I did the tube, and matched the tube and tube on the image up exactly.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer in front of the frame.

Add your embellishments. I used:
Fern 2
Fern
Lace Mat 1
Border 1: Free rotate Right 90 degrees
Shamrock 1: Resize 25% and 60%

Crop your Image.

Highlight your white background.
New Raster layer.
Select All.
Copy and paste Paper 7 Into Selection.
Deselect.
Apply the Mask.
Merge Group.
Use your Pick Tool to pull the sides out a bit.

Add your credits.

Add your name.
Color pallet:
Foreground: Black
Background: Patten/Paper 7
Stroke: 2

Give it a slight Inner Bevel:


Resize all layers 80%.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
I’d love to see your results and show it off in my gallery.
Email me!
Hugs,
Bev

1 comment:

  1. I would love to make this tag, but Wild Irish Rose by Kathi of Kissed by Cari is no longer available at TKO scraps or on Kissed by Cari's blog. Do you know where I could purchase the kit?

    ReplyDelete