Monday, August 27, 2012

The Cowboy Way


Supplies

1 tube of choice – I used the gorgeous artwork of Arthur Crowe which can be purchased from his store here.  You must have a license to use.

Font of choice - I used Arizonia here

Becky Mask 2 here

“Simpler Days” is a tagger size scrap kit created by me, Bev of HorsePlay’s Pasture Designs and can be purchased from  either of your favorite stores – Lollipops n Gumdrops or Butterfly Blush Designs or Inspirations of Scrap Friends.  You can visit my designing blog here.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a working knowledge of PSP.

~~ Lets get started ~~

Open up a 700 x 700 blank canvas.
Flood fill white.

Copy and paste 35 as a new layer.
Resize 45%
Duplicate
Move both frames into position – see my tag for reference.

Highlight the top frame.
Click inside of it with your Magic Wand.
Selections/Modify/Expand by 4.
New Raster layer below the frame.
Copy and paste Paper 1 Into Selection.
Copy and paste your tube as a new layer below the frame.
Change the Properties to Overlay.
Move into position – see my tag for reference.
Selections/Invert
Tap the delete key.
Deselect.

Highlight the bottom frame.
Click inside of it with your Magic Wand.
Selections/Modify/Expand by 4.
New Raster layer below the frame.
Copy and paste Paper 1 Into Selection.
Deselect.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.
Position in front of both frames – see my tag for reference.

Add your elements.  I used:
77:  Erase the base of it
76:  Resize 50%
29:  Resize 40%/Duplicate/Mirror
4:  Resize 20%
79:  Resize 30%/Change the Properties to Soft Light

Highlight your white background.
New Raster layer.
Select All.
Copy and paste Paper 9 Into Selection.
Apply the mask.
Merge Group.

Add your credits.

Add your name.
Color Pallet:
Foreground: #3d2513
Background:  #515e72
Stroke: 1.00
Type your name.
Give it a slight Inner Bevel:

Resize all layers 80%.

I’d love to see your results.
Email me!
Hugs,
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment