Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sassy Devil


Supplies:

1 tube of choice - I used the awesome artwork of Carmilla Drakenborg which can be purchased from Up Your Art.  You must have a license to use.

Fonts of choice - I used Impact (came with my program) and KR Boo Lane here

Gem Mask 6 here

Plug Ins used:
Graphics Plus

This tutorial assumes you have a working knowledge of PSP.

~ Let's get started ~

Open up a 700 x 700 blank canvas.
Flood fill white.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.  If you're using the same tube as I did, resize 70%

Color Pallet:
Foreground: #0b0303
Background: #c46543

Make your Text tool active using the font, Impact.
Stroke set on 1.5
Using all caps, type your name across your canvas.  
Move your name and tube into their exactly positions - see my tag for reference.
To be sure your name is centered -
Objects/Align/Horizontal Center in Canvas
Give it a slight Inner Bevel:

Make your Freehand Selection Tool active set on Freehand.
Section off the bottom area of your name - make the link a little wavy:


Ctl + H - the Feather SEleciton Box will appear:
Number of Pixels: 30
OK

Shift + B - the Brightness/Contrast Box will appear.
Match your settings to mine:

Selections/Invert
Shift + B - the Brightness/Contrast Box will appear again.
Match your settings to mine:

Deselect.

Apply Graphics Plus plug in:
Use Default Settings.

Duplicate your name layer.
Move below your original name in your layers pallet.
Adjust/Blur/Gaussian Blur:
Radius: 15
OK
Tap the letter K on your keyboard to activate your Pick Tool and flatten the blurred name layer - see my tag for reference.
Make your Target Tool active and change the color to #86285a.

Highlight your white background.
New Raster layer.
Flood fill with your foreground color.
Apply the mask.
Merge Group.
Move it up slightly on your canvas - see my tag for reference.

Copy and patse your tube as a new layer over the mask layer.  This tube you'll be applying the mask to so move it into position that makes it slightly askew from your main tube layer.
Apply the mask.
Merge Group.
Change the Properties to Overlay.

Make your Text Tool active using KB Bool Lane font.
Stroke set at 1.0
Type the letter H.  It will be a bush and you want to move this behind your tube.  All pc's font sizes differ which is why I don't bother putting in a number when I write tutorials, but for this I set my font size to 60.  You may need to play with your font size.  See my tag for the approximate size you need.
Give the bush a slight Inner Bevel:

Color Pallet:
Foreground and Background: #0b0303
Stroke: 1.0
Type the letter F - see my tag for approximate size
Give it the same slight Inner Bevel you used last - 4x's.

Color Pallet:
Foreground: #0b0303
Background: 
Stroke: 1.o

Using KB Boo Lane font type the letter H - this will be the smaller bush that sits in front of your name - see my tag for reference.
Give it the same slight Inner Bevel 2x's.

Add your credit.

Crop your image.

Save your tag.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I did creating it for you.

Would love to see your results.
Email me!

Hugs,
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment